Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Taxes

Hard earned funding entities I'd rather not see exist

Man I simply do not know why I have to pay any tax at all; I do not get anything for free in this country, Apart from the arcane basic services which are competent but minions to natural or unnatural events everything is expensive. The country is pretty much a “functioning anarchy” I fuel the balance by doing my part, paying taxes.

I especially dislike two aspects of where my money is going Scams and defense
I hate the politicians and big business which steal my money and defense because I do not believe that having a huge army results in peace, Lichtenstein a small European country has not been affected by war for the last 150 years because in 1868 the citizens voted to abolish the army, The US spends more on defense than any other nation and is no surprise that they have been involved in more wars in modern history than any other nation.

A major part of the money goes into military budget I read somewhere that India has the second largest military in the world after China, If we are a non-aligned, pacifist nation why do we need this army ? I don’t even want to go into the fact that by some Globalization norm the defense spending cannot be more that 2% of the GNP.

I do not believe in the abolishment of taxes; I do know that essential services are heavily subsidized to make them more affordable, But I would like to know where my tax is going or is buying for me, When I go out for dinner I would like to see the items I ate and prices next to them and not a ballpark figure of the meal.

No comments: